By providing supply chain reliability, Armstrong demonstrates its Credo of “building trust.”
Three generations of continuity of ownership and operating philosophy have generated consistent, reasonable, annual profits each year since 1957. Armstrong’s foundation of fiscal continuity enables investments in functional continuity, resulting in supply chain reliability. Our disaster recovery objectives are to protect human assets, protect informational assets and provide for continuity of operations.
Armstrong employs technology and processes to minimize the impact of a disaster and provide for timely recovery within our existing headquarters facility in Memphis, Tenn. In the event this is not possible, Armstrong operates a redundant data center in Dallas, Texas, enabling any service outage to be restored within two hours.
Additionally, UniGroup has a similar contingency plan to support Armstrong and all agents of United Van Lines and Mayflower Transit.
Should technology or software fail, Armstrong can revert to manual processes. While such an action would impair efficiencies, it could be done until no longer necessary.
Armstrong has contingency plans to resume operations at other locations should such action become necessary. These plans are maintained and tested on a frequent basis.
In the event of a business disruption or disaster that impairs or destroys our physical operating locations, Armstrong has contracted an outsourced supplier to provide all key elements needed to restore operations quickly, anywhere across North America. Elements provided include: temporary mobile or commercial office space; power generation; computer systems and equipment; and phone and Internet communication.
- "Our coordinator and driver did a great job. The driver and his partner worked tirelessly. They offloaded 14,060 lbs (600+ pieces) into our 2nd story apartment completely by themselves and damaged nothing. They were a pleasure to work with."
E.H., June 2015
- "The entire team was very professional and courteous. They were very respectful of our homes and took care of our furniture."
J.S., June 2015
- "I really enjoyed working with the guys who moved me. With my first time moving through a company, they helped me every step of the way and made everything easy for me. They were always very nice and professional and made the process much easier and more enjoyable."
J.M., July 2015
- "Our coordinator did an excellent job of communicating the moving process, what to expect, and made sure everything was done efficiently. She provided constant updates as to when the household goods would be delivered to us at our final destination. I appreciate her taking time to listen to my concerns and questions and doing all she could do to make the move easier."
T.C., August 2015
- "All the members of the team were excellent. Mary was especially helpful. They were professional, courteous, took excellent care of my belongings and nothing was damaged."
M.D., August 2015